In summary, the members of St. John's Lutheran Church profess, teach, and proclaim:
1. There is one God, the Triune God, eternally existent in three distinct persons in one Divine essence, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God to live in fellowship with his Creator. He fell into sin by yielding to the temptation of Satan and thereby lost fellowship with God. As a result of Adam's sin, all people are sinners by nature, are no longer in fellowship with God, and are by nature under God's wrath and condemnation.
3. Jesus Christ, the Eternal Son, to accomplish redemption for fallen humanity became man, being conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. By His perfect obedience and Substitutionary death on the Cross, He purchased our redemption. He physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven, where He is now our interceding High Priest. He will come a second time personally, bodily, and visibly to eternally gather all believers unto Himself and condemn all unbelievers to eternal separation from Him in Hell.
4. The knowledge and benefit of forgiveness of sins by God's grace in Jesus Christ are brought to sinners through the means of grace, namely the Word and the Sacraments. The Gospel is the means by which the message of God's grace in Jesus Christ is communicated to sinners. The Gospel is also, the means through which God, the Holy Spirit, creates and strengthens saving faith in Jesus Christ, the Savior.
5. This congregation accepts and acknowledges all Canonical Books of the Old and New Testaments as the inspired, infallible, and inerrant Word of God, and the only rule and norm of Christian faith and practice.We also acknowledge and accept all the Symbolical Books contained in the Book of Concord of 1580 as a true statement and exposition of the Word of God.
Become a MEMBER
If you are interested in membership at St. John's, fill out the form below and our pastor will get back to you.